At Interiors for Seniors, we are following the CDC guidelines and practicing social distancing and other protocols recommended by the CDC. As governmental restrictions begin to lessen and conditions improve, we anticipate that a number of relocation moves will increase where permissible.
In order to offer some peace of mind to potential clients, Interiors for Seniors has created the “Covid-19 Safety Work Protocol”. We believe that it will help us achieve your goal of relocating and settling into your new home.
We know that you may also be concerned about having potential movers enter your property without any similar assurances. Our policy to ensure the safety of all of our employees and clients includes temperature checks, washing hands frequently, social distancing and wearing masks before entering a house.
We appreciate the opportunity to help you move and have found that we are all working harder than ever in this new environment and we are all changing and adapting as needed to our new world. Most importantly, we want to be sure to do our part to keep you, your family, our staff and family and those around us safe and healthy.
Interiors for Seniors Covid-19 Safety Work Protocol
Steps consumers can take when preparing and planning their move:
Give movers the chance to serve you in the safest way possible. Notify them ahead of time if anyone in your household may have contracted coronavirus, or may have been exposed to someone who has.
Check Interiors for Seniors website and feel free to ask questions on how we are mitigating the health risks of COVID-19.
Interiors for Seniors can provide virtual estimates, rather than in-home. If this is your preference, please notify us.
Try to provide the moving crew access to a sink, soap, and paper towels throughout your move.
What precautions is Interiors for Seniors taking to help prevent the spread of the virus?
Our recommendations for a safe moving experience for both our moving crews and our
customers include the following:
Prior to the Move
When Interiors for Seniors first arrives, we step back 6 feet greeting one another with a smile and virtual hug, not a handshake.
Upon entering the home, Missy immediately hand-sanitizes then sits at the kitchen table 6 feet apart and discusses the move.
After the initial discussion, Missy walks around with the client, using an iPad, 6 ft apart and formulates a moving proposal and floorplan.
At the end of the meeting, a customer packet is left with the client including the contract and moving forms to sign and have ready the day of the move.
Missy completes the floorplan and emails a copy to the client and JKV.
Day of the Move
● IFS supplies rug protectors/carpet shields to be rolled out in the interior area of the home.
● The crew uses face masks and practices social distancing outside of the workplace.
● Interiors for Seniors complies with CDC recommended hand-washing techniques throughout the move.
● We frequently use hand sanitizer.
● Packers and movers will be spread throughout the house working in separate areas, making every attempt to stay six feet apart.
● If a customer does not have a mask, one will be provided.
● Brand new packaging material will be provided, to include:
○ 25 lbs wrapping paper
○ Large boxes (10)
○ Medium boxes (10)
○ Small boxes (25)
○ Picture boxes (4)
○ Wardrobes (3)
If the packing needs exceed this amount, there will be an additional charge incurred.
● Spray sanitizer will be used on the boxes and packages being brought into the
● Upon completion of the move, packers will do a wipe down of high-touch surfaces (door knobs, light switches and faucet handles).
● IFS will dispose of all packing materials.
● After each move the moving equipment and interior of the moving truck is cleaned and sprayed with a sanitizing spray compliant with CDC requirements.
*These Guidelines represent recommendations based on current CDC Guidelines and are subject to change based on our evolving understanding of COVID-19; the availability of equipment; the personal protective equipment; and other federal, state and local regulations that may be issued from time to time. Please direct any questions or concerns to your Missy.
What precautions is Interiors for Seniors taking to protect its workers?
The health and safety of our customers, drivers and front-line personnel is our highest priority. We can assure you Interiors for Seniors is taking extra precautions and has provided resources to personnel regarding Coronavirus, which includes the following:
● Pre-screening of customers by asking a series of additional questions over the
● Interiors for Seniors practice is: sending home workers who have acute
respiratory illness and/or who have been exposed to the virus, quarantining
workers who have tested positive for the virus and taking additional personal
hygiene, personal protection and surface cleaning steps. The guidance also
provides planning considerations if there are more widespread community
outbreaks of COVID-19.