When you are deciding to move, there are many things to consider. The MOST important decision is which moving company should you hire. In deciding this, here are a few questions you should ask a prior to hiring them.
1. Do you offer a detailed written estimate ? Your moving consultant should give you a written estimate along with a detailed explanation of exceptions and potential add-ons. If you want to knows exactly how much the move will cost, then hire a company that offers a detailed written estimate. The estimate should include add-ons and any potential charges along the way. All add-ons and services, such as stairs, travel time and more, should be included and clearly laid out in the quote.
2. Do you pack specialty items? Specialty items would include:
Select Comfort and Sleep Number beds
Small crystal or precious glass collections
When meeting with a potential mover, be sure to make them aware of these items so you can find out if there is an extra charge. A premium moving company like, Interiors for Seniors, will offer WHITE GLOVE CONCIERGE SERVICE for specialty items.
3. How do I contact you or the driver during the move? Be sure you have a mobile contact number of your moving company or its driver so that you can communicate with them during the process of moving.
4. What is your policy if I pack my own boxes? Many moving companies will not unpack boxes packed by the client unless there is a signed acknowledgment. Sometimes the client doesn't understand the proper packing techniques and an item will get broken in transit or while being unpacked.. Often the moving company will note on the boxes "PACKED BY THE OWNER"
5. What is the cancellation policy? This should be spelled out if either the mover or the client needs to cancel. The logistics on both sides of the move are very time consuming so there are often penalties for cancellations.
6. What form of payment do you take? Reliable moving companies accept many forms of payments. Most have the capability to accept credit or debit cards. Be wary of a company that only accepts cash.
Interiors for Seniors is licensed, bonded and insured. We have been in business more than 10 years!! We have a comprehensive customer packet given out during consultations. This customer packet includes all special instructions, estimates, change orders and other pertinent information needed for your move.
Call Missy Donaghy with Interiors for Seniors for a FREE consultation 321-279-3301.